WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Metallica’s ‘All Within My Hands Foundation’ has provided WSU Tech and nine other colleges across the county with $100,000 each.
This grant will allow the opportunity to take 25 women and be able to create a training opportunity and an educational opportunity and a career opportunity for either welding, machining or sheet metal assembly.
More programs to support and boost the number of women in manufacturing careers.
“Women are really good at this,” said Utash. “Like every other industry that we have, we want to continue to grow that population. This will give us a great opportunity to do that.”
An opportunity all thanks to Metallica.
“Their whole idea was to give people a hand up give them the opportunity to find their passion to be able to have a career that they are passionate about,” said Utash. “I think it is an incredible pay it forward.”
- Tuesday night’s high school scores
- ‘Cargo Público’: Cambios entran en vigor
- Firefighter killed, one unaccounted for, in California library fire
- Statewide Silver Alert issued for missing Olathe man
- ‘They throw eggs at you and hit you in the head’: local homeless people weigh in on regular harassment