TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Topeka police arrested a man who allegedly threatened police with a large candlestick during a disturbance at a church.
Police spokeswoman Gretchen Koenen said officers responded to a call early Tuesday about a disturbance at the Holy Name Catholic Church.
The nearly 100 children and adults attending a Mass were evacuated from the church.
Koenen says 32-year-old Edwin Soto Jr. became combative with officers and threatened them with a large candlestick. No one was injured.
Koenen says Soto is being held in the Shawnee County jail without bond facing possible charges of aggravated assault and making an aggravated criminal threat.
- T.J.’s Forecast: Mild air holds Saturday night into Sunday, clouds thicken
- South Texas tribe vows to fight border wall, sues to preserve tribal cemetery
- Rare red and white cardinals spotted in central Texas
- Florida mom, dad, 17-year-old son all battling cancer ask for prayers, Christmas miracle
- NM mayor calls for immigration reform