GIRARD, Kan. (AP) – A 22-year-old southeast Kansas man who was a school bus monitor has admitted to sexually abusing an elementary school student.
Jacob Quentin Bryant, of Arma, pleaded guilty Tuesday to rape and aggravated indecent liberties with a child.
The Pittsburg Sun reports investigators determined that Bryant abused a Northeast Elementary School student on a school bus in November 2018.
Bryant faces up to 19 year in prison when he is sentenced Oct. 31.
Crawford County Attorney Michael Gayoso said his office worked with the victim’s family on the plea deal and noted it will avoid requiring the child to testify at trial.
- Rescuers respond to submersion northwest of Wichita
- Judiciary Committee questions Lewandowski in first impeachment investigation hearing
- Senate Dems seek to block implementation of Trump’s ‘public charge’ rule
- Former Kansas officer fights brain cancer, hopes to wear uniform again
- Derby schools using K-9 help to curb drugs