WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The man arrested in the connection with a shooting death at a Wichita bar and grill appeared in court today.
David Pressley was taken into custody after a deadly shooting in September, outside Magoo’s Bar and Grill, that injured one person and claimed the life of 29-year-old Damario Cooks.
Today, a judge charged Pressley with second-degree murder and criminal possession of a firearm by a felon.
Pressley, 42-years-old, was paroled from prison in June after serving nearly 12-years for drug possession, burglary and robbery.
Pressley is being held on a $200,000 bond. He is expected back in court October 24.
- Beer drinking, 103-year-old nursing home resident beats COVID-19
- Fall Semester: How do Kansas universities look to proceed?
- Wichita Dillons worker’s positivity inspires coworkers and customers
- KansasWorks holds virtual statewide job fair during crisis
- Domestic violence suspect stabbed California K-9 before officers fatally shot him, police say