WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Police identified a 59-year-old man who died after a single-vehicle crash in southeast Wichita.
It happened on Friday at 11:50 p.m. at Mt. Vernon and Bluff. The driver, Sylvester Curry, was going east on Mt. Vernon when his vehicle left the road and struck a utility pole.
Police say when officers arrived on the scene they found Curry trapped in the car. He had to be extricated by the Wichita Fire Department. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
There were no other occupants in the vehicle, and no other vehicles were involved in the collision.
The crash is still under investigation.
- US appeals to proceed with 1st federal execution in 17 years
- Two arrested after chase with Jackson County deputies
- Kansas’s least populated county confirms first coronavirus case
- ‘It’s heartbreaking’: Many come out to pay respects for 3-year-old KCK girl found dead
- Florida man accused of setting Catholic church on fire