WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Police identified a 59-year-old man who died after a single-vehicle crash in southeast Wichita.
It happened on Friday at 11:50 p.m. at Mt. Vernon and Bluff. The driver, Sylvester Curry, was going east on Mt. Vernon when his vehicle left the road and struck a utility pole.
Police say when officers arrived on the scene they found Curry trapped in the car. He had to be extricated by the Wichita Fire Department. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
There were no other occupants in the vehicle, and no other vehicles were involved in the collision.
The crash is still under investigation.
- How can I tell the difference between the flu and COVID-19?
- Person with gunshot found at QuikTrip on S. Seneca
- Carole Baskin of ‘Tiger King’ fame sued for defamation
- Watch: Trump says he won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses
- The town of Swastika, NY chooses to keep its name