WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Police identified a 59-year-old man who died after a single-vehicle crash in southeast Wichita.
It happened on Friday at 11:50 p.m. at Mt. Vernon and Bluff. The driver, Sylvester Curry, was going east on Mt. Vernon when his vehicle left the road and struck a utility pole.
Police say when officers arrived on the scene they found Curry trapped in the car. He had to be extricated by the Wichita Fire Department. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
There were no other occupants in the vehicle, and no other vehicles were involved in the collision.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Amazon announces deals, says Black Friday sale starts Nov. 22
- Taylor’s Forecast: Rain and snow showers possible tonight, expect colder temperatures tomorrow
- Essential oils: Are they good for you?
- GM recalls 640K pickups; seat belts can cause carpet fires
- Changes in schools create new possibilities for students with dyslexia