NEOSHA FALLS, Kan. (KSNW) – A 41-year-old man is shot by Woodson County Sheriff Deputies Thursday Afternoon in southeast Kansas.
According to a news release from the KBI, 41 year-old Edward G. Bridges of Chanute was shot by two Woodson County deputies following a disturbance at the campgrounds in Neosha Falls.
According to the KBI, the Woodson County Sheriff Deputies were questioning suspects in regards to a stolen vehicle around 3:15 p.m.
The KBI says an altercation occurred between the two deputies and Bridges who was armed. At that point, the deputies fired shots hitting Bridges.
Bridges was flown to the University of Kansas Medical Center, where he underwent surgery and is now in stable condition according to the news release.
The deputies were not injured
When the KBI completes its investigation, it will present its findings to the Woodson County Attorney.
- Teachman’s Take: Another round of storms tonight into Thursday, some strong
- Local K-State football player prepares to take the field in the spring
- Colby Public Schools issues warning on possible coronavirus exposure
- Spirit AeroSystems to bring back some employees after layoffs, furloughs
- Pandemic impacting on-campus living at WSU