TROTWOOD, Ohio (Nexstar Media Wire) – A woman was discovered dead in a walk-in refrigerator at an Ohio assisted living facility after she went missing early Tuesday morning.
When Maria Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation Center staff couldn’t find 86-year-old Sofiya Perel around 1:40 a.m., they contacted police and searched the building. She was assigned to the fourth floor but somehow managed to bypass the safety features of her locked door.
Officers and staff eventually found her in a walk-in refrigerator on the second floor of the building around 4 a.m.
The Montgomery County Coroner has not determined the cause or manner of her death.
Maria Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation Center did not immediately reply to requests for comment Wednesday.
Trotwood Police were still investigating Wednesday evening.
- Undecided voter watches and gives take on debate
- Sedgwick County manager, other employees test positive for COVID-19
- ‘It’s almost like a home pregnancy test’: KU researchers developing at home COVID test
- ‘When it’s this negative, do something positive’: Wichita grandma and firefighter create unique bond
- Teachman’s Take: Wednesday warm-up before the chill settles back into place