9-year-old electrocuted in California swimming pool

National / World

CITRUS HEIGHTS, Calif. (KCRA) – A 9-year-old girl in northern California was electrocuted and killed while swimming in a backyard pool Sunday. 

The tragic accident claimed the life of Mackenzie Kinley, who friends and family described as an outgoing student who liked cheerleading and soccer.

According to Sacramento Metro Fire, McKenzie died around 3 p.m. Sunday after she was electrocuted by a wire attached to one of the underwater pool lights under repair.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories