ATLANTA, Ga. (WGCL) – New video shows Atlanta police officers using tasers to get two people out of a car.
Local reporters were broadcasting live Saturday night when they say officers approached this car and started breaking the glass and flattening tires.
The woman in the passenger seat was placed on the ground, zip-tied, and taken into custody.
Several officers took the man into custody, apparently using a taser in the process.
It is unclear what led up to the arrests. Police were starting to enforce a 9 p.m. curfew. Atlanta police say 70 people were taken into custody Saturday night.
Protests and anger over the death of George Floyd spread to dozens of cities across the country this weekend.
- Beloit day care provider charged with aggravated child endangerment
- Sedgwick County commissioners will hold special meetings today to discuss masks and business safety practices
- Alabama students hold COVID-19 parties with prize for first sick person
- Police make arrest in Monday stabbing that left man in critical condition
- Wichita to get Amazon distribution center, 100+ jobs