Chemical mixture at Buffalo Wild Wings kills 1 employee

National / World

Emergency crews at the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant in Burlington, Mass. Thursday night, Nov. 7, 2019. Massachusetts authorities say an employee of the restaurant has died and eight others have been hospitalized following a chemical mixture at the restaurant. WHDH-TV reports officials responded Thursday night to reports of a chemical reaction in the kitchen area of the Burlington restaurant where they found a male employee suffering from nausea. (John Guilfoil via AP)

BURLINGTON, Mass. (AP) — Massachusetts authorities have identified the Buffalo Wild Wings employee who died after breathing in fumes from a powerful cleaning agent at the restaurant.

WCVB-TV reports that Burlington fire officials say 32-year-old Ryan Baldera, the general manager, was overcome by the fumes and died after being rushed to a local hospital Thursday night. At least 10 people were hospitalized.

Authorities say he was married and had an infant son, The Boston Globe reports .

Officials responded to reports of a chemical reaction in the kitchen area. Authorities evacuated the Burlington restaurant and urged anyone inside at the time to get medical treatment, if needed.

A Buffalo Wild Wings statement says the company is “shocked and saddened” and working with the franchisee and authorities.

The suburban Boston sports bar is closed while the investigation continues.

Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories