Child scalded after garden hose left in direct sunlight

National / World
baby scolded by hose_1528188422768.jpg_44486950_ver1.0_640_360_1528204859400.jpg.jpg

LAS VEGAS (WFLA) – A child in Las Vegas was scalded after being sprayed by a garden hose that had been left in direct sunlight.

“Here in Las Vegas, a garden hose exposed to direct sunlight during summer can heat the water inside the hose (not flowing) to 130-140 degrees,” Las Vegas Fire & Rescue said on Twitter.

The agency also recommended letting the water flow a few minutes to cool before spraying on people on animals.

Details on the child’s condition have not yet been released. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories