PINEVILLE, N.C. (WCNC) – A foster mother has been charged in connection to a 1-year-old child’s death after that child was left inside a hot vehicle in Pineville, North Carolina.
The incident happened on Aug. 29 in a Lowe’s parking lot. The cause of death was listed as hyperthermia due to environmental exposure.
After a thorough investigation, Pineville police obtained a criminal warrant on the foster mother, 42-year-old Dawn Aberson-Vanden Broecke.
She was charged with involuntary manslaughter.
- Royals’ catcher Cam Gallagher tests positive for COVID-19
- Two arrested in case of missing Kansas girl after body found
- Kansas GDP down, but state fairs better than most of country in first quarter of 2020
- Second stimulus check: GOP senators not ready to commit to direct payments
- Walt Disney World reopens as coronavirus cases surge in Florida