DAYTONA, Fla. (NBC) – Two people are safe after the plane they were traveling in on Thursday landed without landing gear at Daytona Beach International Airport.
The Cessna Citation Mustang landed at the airport around 12:45 p.m., sending up massive sparks as it skidded to a halt.
Some flights had to be re-routed to other airports after the incident.
It’s unclear when the runway will be able to be reopened.
- April 11: Kansas Grown Farmers Market opens with new safety measures
- Country artist John Prine dead at 73 after battle with COVID-19
- Spirit AeroSystems details furloughs
- Teachman’s Take: Warmth continues into Wednesday, Wintry chill not that far away
- Cox technicians no longer going inside homes, temporary move for COVID-19 crisis