This year’s holiday hiring season is underway, and employers are scrambling to find enough workers to handle the extra load.
The businesses needing the most help include: retail packaging, shipping and delivering.
Experts say about 500,000 workers will be added during this coming month, but this year, employers having a hard time finding those workers.
“I absolutely see a trend where finding seasonal employees is more challenging than ever,” said Traci Fiatte, Randstad USA CEO.
For the first time in a long time, companies competing for holiday help are going so far as to offer perks, such as a full-time job, year round and the ability to pick and trade shifts.
“There are some things that retailers are going to have to do just like employers elsewhere in the economy to adjust to the tight job market,” said Mark Hamrick ,Bankrate.com analyst.
- Trump firma órdenes ejecutivas de alivio económico por el COVID-19. Su autoridad para tomar acción está en duda
- New Zealand has gone 100 days without community transmission of COVID-19
- Delta bans 100 passengers from taking flights and adding them to a “no fly” list for refusing to wear masks
- Second stimulus checks: Trump executive orders leave $1,200 payments in limbo
- 5.1 earthquake felt across North Carolina, strongest in 94 years