The holiday shopping season is a bit shorter this year.
There are only 26 days between Thanksgiving and Christmas, six fewer than last year.
Online shopping is expected to be a bit more rushed this year as well, with even more people relying on their phones.
“We’ve seen the number of folks that are making a purchase on their phone go from 41% to 70% in the last five years, so it has become the most predominant way folks are buying,” says Deloitte’s Rod Sides.
Experts say getting an early start has more than one benefit.
“One advantage that people might have if they start shopping earlier is they are going to be able to spread out their budget,” says RetailMeNot.com’s Sara Skirboll.
- Storm Track 3 Forecast: Weekend warm up then work week showers and storms
- Ramping up efforts for getting teachers vaccinated
- Camera catches Subaru driver fleeing after crash with motorcycle in Portland
- Only 1 child died of flu this season – down from nearly 200
- Job numbers up in US, Biden says more needs to be done to help Americans