FAIRLAND, Okla. (AP) — Authorities say a man shot and killed one man and wounded two others, including a state trooper, in northeast Oklahoma.
The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation and Oklahoma Highway Patrol said in a joint statement that 48-year-old Edwin Ball was taken into custody early Wednesday after barricading himself inside his home in Fairland.
They say Ball shot and killed 25-year-old Brendan Van Zwell and wounded a second man Tuesday before barricading himself inside his home.
The release says a trooper who arrived on the scene was hit in the eye with a shotgun pellet while setting up a perimeter. He was taken to a hospital in Joplin, Missouri.
- Ark City police investigating shooting, one person injured
- Walmart to limit the number of customers in stores due to COVID-19
- President Trump, White House Coronavirus Task Force hold Friday briefing
- COVID-19 positive patient in Hays Medical Center is not resident of Ellis County
- USD 259 to limit food pickup to two days a week, but same amount of food