EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. (KUSA) – Letecia Stauch, the stepmother of Gannon Stauch, was arrested Monday morning in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on numerous charges including first-degree murder in connection with the disappearance of the 11-year-old El Paso County boy who has not been seen since January 27.
“Today, I got the worst news and the best news,” said Gannon’s biological mother Landen Hiott who had been holding out hope her son was alive. “Obviously, we know what the worst news is. The best news is that justice will be served. And I’ll make sure that justice is served because my boy did not deserve any of this that happened.”
Letecia Stauch is being held without bond on the following charges while she awaits extradition to Colorado.
Gannon remains missing, although investigators said Monday they no longer believe he’s alive. They’re being tightlipped on what led them to arrest Letecia Stauch as not to jeopardize their investigation.
- Winterizing your home? Experts say now is the time to start preparing for winter season
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Potential for blowing dust and hazardous driving conditions
- ‘Mask Up’ new campaign focuses on COVID-19 prevention
- Groundbreaking held for new Northwest Water Treatment Facility
- Plot thickens over origins of pope’s civil union endorsement