KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The attorney for a Black Missouri woman whose arrest when she was nine-months pregnant sparked outrage says she’s given birth to a girl.
Deja Stallings of Kansas City, Missouri, had an emergency cesarean section late Wednesday. Attorney Stacy Shaw told The Kansas City Star that the newborn is in the neonatal intensive care unit. The infant was born two weeks early and had an elevated heart rate.
Stallings ended up on the ground with a Kansas City, Missouri, police officer’s knee in her back during the Sept. 30 arrest that was captured on video.
- Actor Lori Loughlin reports to prison in college scam
- Caught on camera: Raccoon runs amok
- Daylight saving: Here’s when you need to set your clocks back
- Netflix raising U.S. streaming prices amid booming growth
- Kansas License plate racial slur concerns lead to recall