LEXINGTON, Okla. (AP) – A middle school football player in Oklahoma has died after competing in a game.
Lexington High School football coach Dale Berglan told The Oklahoman that Riley Boatwright died Tuesday after playing a game in Stratford.
A cause of death was not known and no other information was immediately available.
Lexington is near Interstate 35 south of Oklahoma City. Stratford is southeast of Lexington and about 55 miles from Oklahoma City.
Boatwright’s death is the second this month of a scholastic football player in Oklahoma.
Sixteen-year-old Peter Webb died Sept. 15 after suffering an apparent head injury during a game. He played for Southwest Covenant in the Oklahoma City suburb of Yukon.
- Sedgwick County unemployment drops to 10.9 percent
- Herencia Hispana: Mujer Hispana quiera construir relación entre su comunidad y la policía
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- One person seriously injured in south Wichita car crash