BEAUMONT, Texas (KJAC) – A suspect has been arrested after four men were found dead Sunday in a Beaumont, Texas apartment.
The shooting happened around 12:15 p.m.
Bobby Wyatt, 39, Shannon Sutton, 23, Alvin Lee Bellard, 32, and Elijah Rideau, 33, all roommates, were found dead of gunshot wounds.
A fifth roommate, 22-year-old Lively James Stratton, was arrested and charged with four counts of murder. His bond is set at $4 million dollars, $1 million per victim.
A Beaumont police officer patrolling in the neighborhood heard several gunshots and notified dispatch that he was checking the area.
The officer at the scene found four people in an apartment with gunshot wounds. Two of the men were dead when police arrived, and the other two were taken to the hospital where they were later pronounced dead.
- 3 people die, 2 hurt in overnight Kansas City shootings
- ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing’ hymn ignites hope across nation
- KHP needs help from public to identify hit-and-run suspect
- Second stimulus check: Where we stand as July begins
- Kansas City police: Officer remains in critical condition