ST. PETERS, Mo. (AP) – An eastern Missouri man is accused of holding his pregnant girlfriend captive, punching her and forcing her to drink toilet water and bleach.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 40-year-old Ronnie William Howard of St. Peters is charged with kidnapping, domestic assault and unlawful use of a weapon. He is jailed on $300,000 cash-only bail.
Police say the assault took place Wednesday at the 20-year-old victim’s apartment in St. Peters. She made a video call to a relative about the crime. The relative called the woman’s mother, who called police.
The victim was treated at a hospital.
A police probable cause statement says Howard has convictions in another state for kidnapping, assault by strangulation, assault with a firearm and stealing a motor vehicle. He does not have a listed attorney.
- Kansas continues to holdout on expanding Medicaid, advocates urge it could help save rural healthcare
- As gas and electric bills begin to roll out from deep freeze, businesses share concerns
- Hartman Arena hosting major events once again
- Riverfest 2021 to bring back water events
- Poet Amanda Gorman said she was targeted by security guard: ‘One day an icon, the next a threat’