EDMUNDSON, Mo. (AP) – Authorities have found a missing 16-year-old suburban St. Louis girl safe and apprehended a family friend whom police described as “physically violent” after a pursuit, crash and search in South Dakota.
Police in Edmundson, Missouri, said in a news release that the teen and 26-year-old Christopher Johnson were taken into custody Wednesday.
Police said the teen was last seen Tuesday night leaving her uncle’s home with Johnson and classified the case as a “child abduction,” although not a forcible one. Police said Johnson had previously escaped from custody.
After Wednesday’s chase, the suspect’s vehicle was spotted wrecked and unoccupied in the small South Dakota town of Kadoka. The area was searched before the teen and Johnson were found. At one point, the pair was believed to be east of Chicago.
- ‘All faiths Prayer Vigil’ held at the Kansas Firefighters Museum
- T.J.’s Forecast: Hot start to the final weekend of September
- President Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- Brain-eating amoeba detected in Lake Jackson water supply, residents should not use tap
- Here’s the story behind those electrified ‘e-shields’ authorities were carrying during Memphis protests