DUNCAN, Oklahoma (AP) — Police say a man confronted his ex-wife and another man in an Oklahoma Walmart parking lot, shot and killed them both through the windshield of a car then turned the gun on himself as horrified onlookers ran for cover.
Duncan police identified the shooter in Monday’s attack as 43-year-old Wbiliado Varela, Jr. Also killed were 31-year-old Rebecca Vescio Varela and 39-year-old Aubrey Perkins.
Detective John Byers described the double-murder suicide as the result of a domestic dispute. He says the two victims had exited the Walmart and got into a vehicle when Wbiliado Valera approached and fired multiple rounds from a 9 mm, semi-automatic pistol.
Byers says all three were dead when police arrived on the scene shortly after 9:30 a.m. Monday.
- US appeals to proceed with 1st federal execution in 17 years
- Two arrested after chase with Jackson County deputies
- Kansas’s least populated county confirms first coronavirus case
- ‘It’s heartbreaking’: Many come out to pay respects for 3-year-old KCK girl found dead
- Florida man accused of setting Catholic church on fire