PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) – A driver was assaulted by protesters after crashing his truck in Portland during the 80th consecutive night of demonstrations in the city.
Shortly before 10:30 p.m., a pickup truck was found on the sidewalk as officers surrounded the area. Police said protesters were chasing the truck before it crashed, and they assaulted the driver afterward.
The driver suffered serious injuries and was rushed to a hospital. Video circulating on social media shows people kicking and hitting the man while he was on the ground.
Witnesses told KOIN the driver of the truck was attempting to run protesters over. In one of the clips posted online, the driver tells the protesters, ““I was trying to get out the way.”
Police are investigating the incident further.
Despite the assault, no arrests were made overnight.
- Kansas Board of Regents announces fall semester drops
- 5 arrested after stealing $16K in items from Wichita stores
- Spirit AeroSystems closing McAlester, Oklahoma facility and moving work to Tulsa and Wichita
- Topeka police announce arrest in 2017 killing
- Sedgwick County Zoo launches “Give Wild” campaign