SAN DIEGO, Calif. (NBC) – A group of California skateboarders took over a street in San Diego demanding racial equality.
Hundreds of people met at Balboa Park Saturday and began skating down Sixth Street carrying signs and a message of unity.
The group participated in a “Rolling for Rights” protest to raise awareness against police brutality and racial injustice. Organizers and participants say they are ready for change and remain hopeful.
- T.J.’s Forecast: Hot start to the final weekend of September
- Trump picks conservative Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court
- Kansas State stuns No. 3 Oklahoma 38-35
- Kansas advocates propose agency to track foster care system
- DNA test results confirm identity of body found as missing Wichita man