Officials say a South Carolina man and his daughter were accidentally shot to death after being mistaken for deer on a New Year’s Day hunting trip.
The state’s Department of Natural Resources said 30-year-old Kim Drawdy and his 9-year-old daughter, Lauren, were killed about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday in Colleton County near Walterboro.
The department says four hunters were trying to move deer when the Drawdys were shot by another hunter.
The Department of Natural Resources is investigating.
Spokesman David Lucas says information such as whether the Dawdrys were wearing blaze orange safety gear will be released when the investigation is complete.
- Greenwood County Sheriff’s Office delivers essentials to encourage residents to stay home
- Astronomers find evidence for a “cosmic homicide”
- Wichita Athlete Feeling Impact of Postponed 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games
- ‘There is light at the end of the tunnel’: Scott City woman joins social media trend to uplift the community
- Wichita State gets commitment from high school prospect Chaunce Jenkins