NEW ORLEANS, La. (NBC News) – Crews in New Orleans are carefully trying to find a worker believed to be missing in the ruins of a hotel that collapsed Saturday.
The worker was at the Hard Rock Hotel, under construction just outside the French Quarter, when it partially caved in Saturday.
“We have teams that are currently making entry into the building again as we speak, and in an effort to try and locate the one victim that we have not been able to locate,” New Orleans Fire Superintendent Tim McConnell said Sunday.
At least two people were killed when the building collapsed. Only one of the bodies has been recovered. Another 30 people were hurt, and one remains in the hospital.
- Taylor’s Forecast: Rain and snow showers possible tonight, expect colder temperatures tomorrow
- Essential oils: Are they good for you?
- GM recalls 640K pickups; seat belts can cause carpet fires
- Changes in schools create new possibilities for students with dyslexia
- Oklahoma Air Force base says 2 killed in aircraft ‘mishap’