Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- KBI agents put to the test handling three officer-involved shooting on top of current caseload
- Estudiantes en las escuelas públicas de Wichita regresaran a las aulas con combinación de aprendizaje
- President Trump campaigns in Pennsylvania, Biden prepares for final debate
- Florida considers not releasing daily COVID-19 case numbers to the public
- Trump vs. Biden: Are there any undecided voters left?