TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – News about Dorian is not all doom and gloom.
Some Floridians have managed to keep their sense of humor as the hurricane nears the state.
Businesses around the state are writing funny messages on boarded-up windows.
They include: “Dang Dorian,” “Hieeeee k byeeee and “Dorian Olive U 2 go back 2 sea.”
Dorian downgraded to a Category 3 hurricane on Tuesday. The storm is slowly moving over the Bahamas, unlesashing massive flooding across the islands. Five people are confirmed to have died in the storm.
Although Florida is out of the cone of uncertainty, the size of the storm is bringing tropical storm-force winds to the state’s east coast.
Hurricane and tropical storm warnings and watches are in effect for parts of the state.
- Teachman’s Take: Winter storm impacts southern communities through Thursday morning with rain and snow
- Mexico considers waiving fees for naturalized US citizens visiting homelands
- Parents of child who died in Louisiana house fire arrested
- What did you listen to most this year? Spotify and Apple Music providing personalized 2020 review
- Cyberattacks surging as COVID-19 pandemic continues