NEWTON, Kan. (KSNW) – The Harvey County Attorney has charged a man in a New Year’s Eve murder.
Newton police arrested Andrew Martinez that night. He is now charged with first-degree murder for the death of Robert Flores. Sr.
Flores was found injured on a sidewalk and later died. The two men were fighting inside a home which then spilled out onto the sidewalk. Officials say alcohol was involved.
Martinez is also charged with domestic battery and two simple battery counts on behalf of two children.
He is being held on a $500,000 bond.
- Greenwood County Sheriff’s Office delivers essentials to encourage residents to stay home
- Astronomers find evidence for a “cosmic homicide”
- Wichita Athlete Feeling Impact of Postponed 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games
- ‘There is light at the end of the tunnel’: Scott City woman joins social media trend to uplift the community
- Wichita State gets commitment from high school prospect Chaunce Jenkins