WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A 21-year-old Wichita man is dead after a rollover crash in south Wichita. The rollover happened Sunday around 11:30 a.m. at I-135 and I-235.
According to the Kansas Highway Patrol, a 2002 Dodge Ram, driven by 25-year-old Roy Boatner, Jr., lost control due to ice on the bridge. The Ram left the roadway, overturned and rolled.
Boatner was taken to Wesley Medical Center with minor injuries.
A passenger, 21-year-old Jimmy Romero, was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to the highway patrol report, both Boatner and Romero were not wearing their seatbelts.
- Man turns man cave into Chiefs Kingdom shrine filled with random finds
- Woman stopped with 21 pounds of meth sentenced to 7 years
- Winter storm coats roads in parts of Kansas, Oklahoma
- Jefferson Elementary teachers and students dress up for ‘Mahomes Monday’
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Hazardous travel through a wintry Tuesday