WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A local program helping to equip new parents is receiving national attention tonight.
Wichita Public Schools’ Parents as Teachers program has been named a Blue Ribbon Affiliate, designating it as one of the top-performing programs in the country.
“The goal is for us to empower parents because we know they are truly their child’s first teacher,” said Shannon Benoit, Exec. Director Parents as Teachers. “So, giving them skills to help their child’s become successful life long learners is the first goal that we do as parents as teachers.”
Parents as Teachers is voluntary and free of charge to families living in the Wichita Public Schools district.
For more information on the program, click here to go to Wichita Parents as Teachers on the USD 259 website.
- Police: Murder of 3-year-old in Alabama disguised as hot car death
- FDA temporarily relaxes food-labeling guidelines to help food industry, parents worry about kids with allergies
- If you haven’t received your $500-per-child stimulus check, the IRS has good news
- Over $470k donated after North Carolina boy fatally shot at point-blank range while playing
- Business owner hoping to reduce speed limit to expand seating closer to the street, join Open Air ICT