WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police arrested a 24-year-old man in connection to a shooting that left another 19-year-old man injured. The shooting happened at 4:12 a.m. to the area of Wassall and Hydraulic.
Police said two men were in a fight with several other people at an apartment complex near the area. During the disturbance, the 24-year-old man fired a gun striking the 19-year-old man. He was transported to St. Joseph Hospital in a private vehicle, treated, and released.
Police said they booked Kory Anziana of Wichita on suspicion of aggravated battery. The case they said remains under investigation and the shooting was not a random incident.
- Teachman’s Take: Another stormy complex aims for overnight, warm weekend ahead
- Child abuse reports are on the rise as the country reopens
- Will unemployed Kansans lose $600 of weekly federal benefits?
- Wichita Mayor receives concerns from business owners who say some customers won’t wear masks
- As personal pool sales skyrocket, experts warn about swimming pool dangers