WASHINGTON (NBC News) – A partisan showdown took place Thursday as the House Judiciary Committee moved one last step closer to impeaching President Trump.
The committee is wrapping up a two-day marathon of debate before voting on two articles of impeachment against the president.
The articles charge the president with abuse of power and obstruction of congress for pressuring Ukraine to investigate political rival Joe Biden while withholding military aid, then defying subpoenas and blocking witnesses from cooperating with the Congressional investigation.
The predominantly Democratic committee is expected to pass the articles of impeachment, leading to a full House vote next week on whether to impeach President Trump.
- Jared Wolfe earns second win of the season at Wichita Open Supporting Wichita’s Youth
- Singer, KC beat Detroit in Gordon’s finale; Tigers wait
- Car crashes into bank near 31st and Seneca
- Teachman’s Take: Cooler and more Fall-like heading into Monday
- Watch Live: Packers vs Saints