WASHINGTON (AP) – Kansas Sen. Jerry Moran has joined other Republicans in co-sponsoring a resolution that would allow senators to dismiss the House’s articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump.
Moran announced Monday that he is co-sponsoring the resolution with Missouri GOP Sen. Josh Hawley.
Fifteen other Republicans also are cosponsors, and they include Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
The resolution is Hawley’s response to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s delay in sending the two impeachment articles to the Senate for a trial after the House approved them last month.
Pelosi sought to pressure senators into calling witnesses but plans to send the articles in the coming days.
- Police need help locating a man who may be in danger
- Missouri health official steps down after her family threatened over coronavirus measures
- Holiday traditions underway in DC today: White House Christmas Tree, presidential turkeys
- Second stimulus checks: Biden, Democrats push GOP for more virus relief
- Newsfeed Now: First US COVID immunizations could arrive Dec. 12; 14-hour wait at new Colo. restaurant