Kansas City traffic reporter Nick Vasos was apparently feeling under the weather, so he called out sick. What happened next might be the best thing you’ll read all week.
An email announcing Nick’s sick day was accidentally sent to Nexstar Media Group newsrooms across the country. Dozens of colleagues from all over replied to the chain, wishing Nick well.
The email thread was eventually stopped, but not before participants took to Twitter, coining the hashtag, #PrayersForNick.
Reporters, anchors, producers, and station employees of all sorts weighed in, until the hashtag started trending. Nick chimed in, thanking the company for the well wishes.
One of his managers in Kansas City did weigh in saying Nick is “going to pull through” but noted their newsroom didn’t get the email.
- Fashion Forward Tuesday With K Lanes: Stripes
- At Home With Design Source Interiors
- Girl Scouts offers virtual camp and outdoor activities nationwide
- You may get to see a new comet with only the naked eye
- Tracking the Tropics Week 6: Storm surge, contraflow, and the buoy network