Kansas City traffic reporter Nick Vasos was apparently feeling under the weather, so he called out sick. What happened next might be the best thing you’ll read all week.
An email announcing Nick’s sick day was accidentally sent to Nexstar Media Group newsrooms across the country. Dozens of colleagues from all over replied to the chain, wishing Nick well.
The email thread was eventually stopped, but not before participants took to Twitter, coining the hashtag, #PrayersForNick.
Reporters, anchors, producers, and station employees of all sorts weighed in, until the hashtag started trending. Nick chimed in, thanking the company for the well wishes.
One of his managers in Kansas City did weigh in saying Nick is “going to pull through” but noted their newsroom didn’t get the email.
- South Texas tribe vows to fight border wall, sues to preserve tribal cemetery
- Rare red and white cardinals spotted in central Texas
- Florida mom, dad, 17-year-old son all battling cancer ask for prayers, Christmas miracle
- NM mayor calls for immigration reform
- United Industries and its OSHA violations