WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A 2-year-old boy slipped through a locked gate at a community pool and drowned late Tuesday night in Wichita.
Wichita fire and EMS crews responded to a trailer community near 55th and Hydraulic, just before 10 p.m.
A passerby saw a boy floating in the water. When emergency crews arrived, the child was not breathing.
They spent over an hour trying to save the child, but the child died at the scene.
Police say the child’s father was near the area; however, he lost track of the child and that’s when the boy slipped through the pool’s locked gate.
- New Jersey man sought to have his child porn victim killed, prosecutors say
- VIDEO: Louisiana woman says ‘God was definitely with us’ during lightning strike
- Clear the Shelters: Actor Dennis Quaid adopts cat named Dennis Quaid
- Wichita State to receive more than $8M in coronavirus relief
- Stephenie Meyer says more ‘Twilight’ books are planned