WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A piece of highway debris caused a vehicle to catch fire on the Kansas Turnpike Friday evening. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
It happened Friday at 11:01 p.m. in the southbound lane of I-35 near mile marker 41.1 in Sedgwick County.
The Kansas Highway Patrol says a Buick Enclave was heading southbound on the highway when it struck a piece of road debris.
The debris was able to puncture the gas tank, causing the vehicle to catch fire. Witnesses say the car was fully engulfed in flames.
A 36-year-old Wellington woman was the only occupant of the vehicle. She was not injured in the fire.
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Chilly start then pleasant Tuesday
- Racing community takes the wheel after a racer’s gear was stolen
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- House holds hearing on Paycheck Protection Program loan forgiveness
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting