SALINA, Kan. (KSNW) – A Salina man was scammed out of nearly $20,000 after trying to buy a motorhome through eBay.
According to KSAL, the 74-year-old man found an RV online that he wanted to buy from Georgia.
RELATED LINK | Better Business Bureau Scam Tips
Police said the man made arrangements to wire $19,000 to the seller with delivery scheduled for last week. However, the RV never showed up, and the man contacted eBay.
Officials with the online trading company told the victim he had been scammed.
- University of Kansas to close older Oliver residence hall
- Wild Side: Sedgwick County Zoo introduces us to a box turtle
- T.J.’s Forecast: Much colder today, a stronger system arrives Wednesday
- Ryan Newman remains hospitalized after horrific Daytona 500 crash
- Video of Arkansas boy and his rescue pup goes viral