WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A scooter driver was seriously injured Sunday morning in a crash involving an Animal Control van in Wichita.
Wichita police say a 62-year-old man was driving an electric handicapped scooter in the crosswalk, crossing Pawnee when he was hit by an on-duty Animal Control van that was turning from southbound Broadway to eastbound Pawnee.
The man was taken to a hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
The accident is still under investigation. Police say they will be conducting an internal investigation.
- AP Exclusive: DEA agent accused of conspiring with cartel
- McIlroy roars out to a 2-shot lead in Mexico Championship
- Railroad fire in Barber County contained
- Price’s Pressure Points: Rain, thunder, and some snow ahead
- Ramey scores 26 as Texas rolls past Kansas State, 70-59