WICHITA COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – A Scott City man is dead after a crash Monday morning in Wichita County.
According to the Kansas Highway Patrol, a 2008 Ford F250 driven by 49-year-old James L. Wessel of Scott City was westbound on Kansas Highway 96.
Authorities said the tire of the pickup failed causing the truck to leave the road and roll a number of times.
Wessel was pronounced dead at the scene. He was not wearing a seat belt, according to the highway patrol.
- Experts fear bad tick season amid coronavirus pandemic
- Bubonic Plague case diagnosed in China
- Oscar-winning movie composer Ennio Morricone dead at 91
- ‘God has another angel’: Broadway star Nick Cordero dies at 41 after COVID-19 battle
- Australia to shut border between its 2 largest states as Melbourne infections surge