WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A Sedgwick County Sheriff’s deputy was arrested by the Wichita Police Department on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery.
The Sedgwick County Sheriff’s office said 27-year-old Kellie Geiger was arrested Saturday after a disturbance with “an intimate partner who she shares a residence with” was reported.
No other details were provided.
Sgt. Lanon Thompson said Geiger has been placed on administrative leave while the incident is investigated. She has worked with the sheriff’s office for six years.
- T.J.’s Forecast: Hot start to the final weekend of September
- Trump picks conservative Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court
- Kansas State stuns No. 3 Oklahoma 38-35
- Kansas advocates propose agency to track foster care system
- DNA test results confirm identity of body found as missing Wichita man