GREAT BEND, Kan. (KSNW) — An investigation revealed a deadly fire in Great Bend Thursday was accidental.

According to the Great Bend Fire/EMS Department, the fire happened on April 20 at a shed in the 200 block of Heizer St.

“Crews made a quick knockdown of the fire and initiated an interior search where a deceased victim was located,” the department said.

Great Bend fire investigation, Office of the State Fire Marshal and detectives from the Great Bend Police Department determined the fire was accidental.

The fire department has not released the victim’s identity or the exact cause of the fire.