WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The U.S. Department of Agriculture announced the availability of grants to help people repair their homes damaged by snow storms or wildfires in 2022.
The homes must be located in presidentially-declared disaster areas. People living in 22 counties in Kansas are eligible for the funding.
Residents in the following counties may be eligible for the funding:
The grants are available through supplemental disaster funding under the Rural Disaster Home Repair Grant Program. Through this program, people may apply for grants of up to $40,675 directly from the USDA to repair their homes.
Funds will be available until expended. They may be used to:
- Pay for home repair expenses that were a result of presidentially-declared disasters in the calendar year 2022
- Prepare a site for a manufactured home
- Relocate a manufactured home
To be eligible:
- Applicants must have household incomes that do not exceed the low limits based on their household size and county
- Homes must be located in an eligible rural area
- Homes must be located in presidentially-declared disaster areas from 2022
For more information on how to apply, contact KSDirect@ks.usda.gov.