WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Troopers on the Kansas Turnpike located a stolen vehicle north of Belle Plaine service area Wednesday afternoon. They attempted to make a stop, but the vehicle fled, leading to a pursuit.
Troopers attempted to stop the fleeing vehicle using two sets of stop spikes, and the car drove through a fence. Three occupants who were in the fleeing car took off on foot. One was captured immediately, the other two broke into an occupied home and stole another vehicle. That vehicle was located near 63rd Street South and Hydraulic.
A second pursuit ensued with the two perpetrators in the fleeing vehicle driving north on K-15. Troopers attempted a tactical vehicle intervention, and the stolen vehicle spun hitting another vehicle. The two suspects then tried to get away, but they were rammed by the trooper. That’s when they exited the vehicle and attempted to try to steal yet another vehicle that had pulled over to the side of the road. That’s where the chase ended and the remaining two suspects were eventually captured.
Troopers said they found firearms in the original stolen vehicle, and that the suspects may be related to burglaries in Kay County in Oklahoma, and Sumner and Sedgwick counties.
- Original James Bond actor Sean Connery dies at 90
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- “We will pick them up from their homes”: League of Women Voters push to get residents out the door to vote
- Taylor’s Forecast: Feeling like Fall for Halloween, cooler tomorrow
- High School Football: Concordia vs. Scott, October 30, 2020