TUOLUMNE COUNTY, Calif. (KGET) — Two bodies have been found near a car connected to an Amber Alert issued over the weekend where a father abducted his 2-year-old son, according to authorities.
The red 2005 Hyundai Elantra was found Sunday night in a remote area on Clark Fork Road near Sand Flat Campground, the Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office said. The identity of the bodies has not yet been released.
The California Highway Patrol has deactivated the Amber Alert.
Authorities on Saturday said 2-year-old John Weir was last seen Friday around 7 p.m. in the Atwater/Merced area with his father, Steven Weir, 32.
The California Highway Patrol described Steven Weir as armed and dangerous.
- Larks shut out KC All-Stars, 10-0
- Collect while you connect: WPD offers trading cards to get to know the community
- Bryant homers, Mills shines as surging Cubs beat Royals 2-0
- Cougars get past Rose Hill, 6-5
- USD 259 gets influx of substitute applicants