WASHINGTON D.C. (NBC News) – House Democrats added to their impeachment case Thursday, releasing the testimony Of State Department official George Kent, who says President Trump “wanted nothing less than Ukraine’s president to go to a microphone and say ‘investigations, Biden, and Clinton’,” noting that “Clinton” was shorthand for the 2016 election.
Kent went on to testify that he documented specific conversations he’d witnessed because he believed the were “injurious to the rule of law, both in Ukraine and the U.S.”
Meanwhile, President Trump is forcefully denying a new Washington Post report that he wanted Attorney General William Barr to hold a press conference clearing him of wrongdoing in Ukraine.
Barr did not do that, but did decline to investigate the matter. Multiple news outlets are now confirming the Post’s reporting.
Read more: https://nbcnews.to/36Jr7XK
- Missouri man charged with 9 felonies in bridge shooting
- Ohio girl with brain injury who can’t walk or talk defies odds, graduates from high school
- Kansas Honor Flight announces 7 flights to Washington have been postponed until 2021
- How long until booze to-go goes bye-bye?
- President Trump says U.S. will terminate relationship with World Health Organization