WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The League of Women Voters is doing what it can to make sure everyone gets the chance to vote.
On Saturday, the group offered free rides to the polls from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The league spaced out their trips every 30 minutes so they were able to disinfect due to the coronavirus. All people needed to do was request a ride.
“So, if you have a position or care about something, you need to vote for the person that represents your interest,” said Carole Neal, member of The League of Women Voters.
Members dropped off each voter, waited for them to vote, and dropped them back off at their homes. Bilingual employees and members were on hand to help out any Spanish speakers who had questions.
If you wish to take advantage of this opportunity, the contact information is listed below.
Community Resource Office: (316) 303-8042
League of Women Voters: (316) 573-5583
- COVID-19 vaccine coming at perfect time for exhausted frontline workers
- One group steps up to bring more sporting live streams for winter sports
- Paige’s Prediction: Frigid start, turning mild by the weekend
- Forensic nurses, violence advocates see drop in survivors seeking help
- Judge dismisses criminal counts in Missouri duck boat deaths