KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) — Democratic Rep. Sharice Davids will reimburse her campaign for two clothing purchases after Republican challenger Amanda Adkins’ campaign questioned the expenditures.
At issue is a $412 payment to Banana Republic and $376 to White House Black Market that are listed in Davids’ 2018 campaign finance records as “Personal Items for Candidate Debate.”
The Kansas City Star reports that campaign staff for Adkins argued Thursday that the expenditures potentially violated a federal law that prohibits the use of campaign funds for such expenses.
- KBI agents put to the test handling three officer-involved shooting on top of current caseload
- Local ICU nurses facing fatigue as pandemic continues on
- Positive Connections: Strangers rebuild kidney donor’s home after fire
- Strong numbers continue for early voting
- Teachman’s Take: Misty night gives way to a brief warm up, snow still on track this weekend