WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – With the general election around the corner, candidates got a chance to answer questions directly from students.
Candidates Joseph Shepard and Sheril Logan attended a student-led forum Sunday afternoon at the Advanced Learning Library in Wichita.
The goal was to hear concerns straight from students themselves, but also help get students interested in local politics.
“If we can get half of these kids that participate today to stay engaged to register to vote and to participate after this event that would be huge. One hundred percent would be dream, but if we could get half of these kids to stay engaged, we will be a better city, and a better state and better country,” said Rep. Jim Ward, D-Wichita, said.
- Florida man who walks to work and holds signs all day, returns $20K cash he found to police
- Shockers Drop Two to Begin Easton Bama Bash
- Shockers Win Home Opener Over Texas Southern, 5-2
- Lawmakers aim to tighten advance voting rules
- New bill may make it easier for Kansans to vote