WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – With the general election around the corner, candidates got a chance to answer questions directly from students.
Candidates Joseph Shepard and Sheril Logan attended a student-led forum Sunday afternoon at the Advanced Learning Library in Wichita.
The goal was to hear concerns straight from students themselves, but also help get students interested in local politics.
“If we can get half of these kids that participate today to stay engaged to register to vote and to participate after this event that would be huge. One hundred percent would be dream, but if we could get half of these kids to stay engaged, we will be a better city, and a better state and better country,” said Rep. Jim Ward, D-Wichita, said.
- Wichita State gets commitment from high school prospect Chaunce Jenkins
- A hobby turned into a helping hand: mask-making group aids those responding to pandemic
- Trump, coronavirus task force set 5 p.m. briefing
- 4th person in Wyandotte County dies from coronavirus
- Texas Governor orders self-quarantine for anyone traveling into state from Louisiana